We understand that for tenants living in property in a state of disrepair it can be an extremely stressful experience.


Here at housingdisrepairadvice.com our teams can assess your case for FREE and provide appropriate advice on the next steps in addition to determining whether you are entitled to compensation.


As soon as a tenant signs an agreement “tenancy agreement” to rent a property the landlord is obligated to ensure that the property meets and remains at a certain level. It is essential under the housing disrepair protocol that any faults or damages which may have occurred are repaired. Inability or refusal to undertake faults or damages can result in the tenant initiating a housing disrepair claim.


It is important to note that before a tenant can bring a housing disrepair claim they must have first notified their landlord of the repair and allow a period of 21 days to make the adequate repairs.  If the landlord fails to do so then tenants are within their right to bring a claim for housing disrepair.


Our teams can assist you if you are a;

  • Local Authority Tenant
  • Housing Association Tenant
  • Private Landlord Tenant


Common housing disrepair problems may include:

  • Damp & Mould
  • Water Leaks
  • Structural Defects
  • Pest Infestations
  • Electrical Issues
  • Boiler & Gas Issues


Click on the above links to read more on each type of common disrepair problem.


Common issues arising out of housing disrepair problems can often include, however are not limited to: -

  • Illness suffered by tenants (health issues maybe physical or psychological or both)
  • Damaged belongings
  • Inconvenience suffered
  • Damaged belongings
  • Faulty/insufficient repairs
  • Restricted use of home


Each disrepair claim and any compensation award depends upon the facts of the individual case.


For a FREE, NO OBLIGATION assessment call our team now on 0151 231 1142





Contact Us

Submitting Form...

The server encountered an error.

Form received.





0151 231 1142


Housing Disrepair Advice

Amber House

Green Lane

Old Swan


L13 7GD

© 2017 Housing Disrepair Advice | housingdisrepairadvice.co.uk / housingdisrepairadvice.com are trading styles of Dynamic Assistance Ltd | Registered offices: Amber House, Green Lane, Old Swan, Liverpool, L13 7GD | Company Registration Number 07760306